So we leave tomorrow.....finally. We printed 6 different packing guides from people who have done this before. We'll still forget something, I'm sure. Today we have to figure out how to fit them all on the bikes. Need to wash the bikes too. Whitewalls could use a good scrubbing. We'll at least start off with no bugs on the windshield.
I've never done a trip with absolutely no reservations and no plan. We have some ideas of roads we'd like to do. Steamworks in Durango is a MUST dinner stop. The spontainaity of it all thrills and scares me at the same time. Usually I have a folder full of confirmations, maps, itinerary, and what not.
All we know now is church tomorrow for Gracie J's dedication and the Doug farewell/hand off to Dave. Oh my goodness, can't believe that day is finally here. I'll miss Doug but I'm so excited for the new chapter. Then we're off.... I'm thinking now we'll go north part way to Durango tomorrow and then head on in on Monday.
I wish I wrote quippy things like Skylar. Oh well.
No comments:
Post a Comment